If your account is in the Pending Validation state, it means you have not validated your account’s email address. Your account will be in this state when you initially create your account or when you update your email address and will remain in this state until you validate your access to the email address. You will not be able to log in until you validate your email address.
To return your account to the Active state, follow the suggestions below:
- Select the link in the validation email that SAM originally sent you and log in when prompted. If you cannot find the email, check your spam folder.
- If you no longer have access to this email or if the activation link in it has expired, you can attempt to log in on the SAM homepage. An error message will appear informing you that your account is Pending Validation. Select “Send Email” to send a new validation email.
- If you no longer have access to the email address for your account, select “Update Email Address” to update your email address on file. You may only perform this action if you have an individual account.
- First enter the current email address tied to your SAM account.
- Next, answer one of your security questions. NOTE: Answers to security questions are not case sensitive.
- After completing the first two steps, enter a new email address and select “Submit” to change your email address and send a validation email to your new email address. Select the link in the email and log in when prompted to return your account to the Active state.